JCI Lemesos is on Facebook. Find the latest news, information and contact us here.
JCI Cyprus President Mr. Andreas Christophides at the JCI WC 2013
JCI Cyprus at the JCI WC 2013 Trade Show with Zivania and Coumandaria
Official Website: http://www.jcicongressrio2013.com
Facebook Website: https://www.facebook.com/jciwc2013
Join Us at the JCI European Conference 2013 in Monte Carlo.
Official Website: http://www.jci-ec2013.com/
Facebook Webpage: https://www.facebook.com/groups/146029432105930/
2013 JCI Cyprus National President Mr. Andreas Christophides
Photo Galleries: 29 May 2013 – OPENING CEREMONY, 29 May 2013 – WELCOME PARTY, 30 May 2013 – MORNING SHOW, 30 May 2013 – JCI ADMIN, 30 May 2013 – GENERAL ASSEMBLY, 30 May 2013 – DEVELOPPEMENT DURABLE UN MONDE EN MOUVEMENT, 30 May 2013 – EUROPEAN NIGHT, 31 May 2013 – WORLD PUBLIC SPEAKING COMPETITION, 31 May 2013 – BEYOND PROJECT MANAGEMENT, 31 May 2013 – GET PASSION INTO ACTION, 31 May 2013 – MALTA NIGHT, 1 June 2013 – SUSTAINABLE LEADERSHIP ENG, 1 June 2013 – THINK FUTURE KEYNOTE & AWARDS CEREMONY, 1 June 2013 – AWARDS AND CLOSING CEREMONY, 1 June 2013 – GALA DINNER
Watch also in HD here.
See the Opening Ceremony Video at: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/18246685
Go to 56min and 40sec to see JCI Cyprus Chief Delegate Mrs. Zoe Aphamis.
JCI Lemesos wins the Best Fund Raising Program Award for a LOM.
JCI Lemesos supports the JCI France project Bateau service.
The SERVICE BOAT program was first implemented by the French Local Chapter JCI Menton Roquebrune Cap Martin on the French Riviera. Since then the SERVICE BOAT program has expanded in the Mediterranean, becoming a JCI Community Project in many countries in the Mediterranean Sea area.
This project originated due to several reasons:
- Places in the Mediterranean ports are not in sufficient number for all the yachtsmen to enjoy the services from the port.
- Thus yachtsmen choose to remain outside ports.
- This deprives them of the services offered by the port (electricity, water etc.).
- This does not give them access to stores necessary for everyday consumption.
- This way of living on board causes pollution in the sea.
TOURISM at Sea
- Tourists rent all kinds of sea equipment (jets, boats, sea petal boats etc.)
- Sea is polluted by cans, bottles, paper (newspapers, magazines), plastic etc.
TOURISM on the Beaches
- In unorganized beaches that trash bins are not available all kinds of garbage finds its way into the sea.
The mission of the SERVICE BOAT is:
- To collect floating garbage and garbage from the boats, tourists in the sea etc.
- To organize the distribution of trash bags.
- To explain recycling. – A flyer explaining recycling and the protection of the environment, to be distributed in order to create respect for the ecosystem.
Simultaneously, the Service Boat provides yachtsmen with simple services like offering them water, newspapers & magazines, biodegradable bags.
The benefit for the community:
Visual impact – This program contributes to the preservation of the landscape and to clean beaches.
Economic impact – The cleaning can represent an amount of several hundreds of thousands of euros for the community and thus for the taxpayer.
Biological – This program aims at preserving the marine life of the littorals. It may avoid the disappearance of some species of fish or aquatic plants from the sea.
Nautical activities – The SERVICE BOAT is also a guarantee of prosperity for other nautical activities: it facilitates comfortable fishing, swimming and sailing and thus guarantees high-standard, quality tourism.
More widely, the SERVICE BOAT contributes to arouse ecological responsibility among the yachtsmen, tourists and locals through an information campaign relayed all summer long.
(External links via YouTube.com)
(Click on HQ for High Quality)